LA Girl is an extremely affordable makeup brand. Keeping up with the liquid lipstick craze, LA Girl came out with Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses. On their website, lagirlusa.com, these retail for $5. I mean, c’mon, for the price of one liquid lipstick from Anastasia Beverly Hills (which are MY FAVORITE liquid lipsticks), you can get 4 from LA Girl. So if you need an alternative, definitely check these out. Among the 16 shades released, I own 5; the shades I have are fleur, dreamy, bazaar, rebel, & backstage. My lips aren’t usually chapped (shoutouts to Vaseline Rose Lip Therapy) so I don’t mind using matte liquid lipsticks. They may not be for everybody if you prefer something more moisturizing. PROS:
- Wide color selection
- Secure packaging- heavy duty plastic, doesn’t leak
- The shades that apply well are beautiful
- Thin consistency when it is first applied
- Scent does not linger
- You don’t need a lip liner
- Some colors are more difficult to apply- When trying to apply a second layer to work up the pigmentation, it makes the first layer slide if you don’t wait for it to fully set. Some just do not apply evenly
- Some colors are tacky even when they have fully set
- Smell, although it is not a strong scent, it resembles a plastic-like odor. (But remember, the scent doesn’t linger!)
- Because they are so long lasting, if parts of the lipstick wears away on my lips, I need to use an oil based remover to completely remove any residue before reapplying. I use Sephora’s Oil-in-Gel Lipstick Remover in case you were wondering!
Of these five, backstage applies unevenly. To build up pigmentation darkens the shade and it slides during the first layer of application. Rebel, bazaar, dreamy, & fleur I really like!
Liquid lipsticks are also the perfect products to use to achieve an ombre lip! For the combination below, I used rebel on the outermost parts of my lips, and filled the center portion with dreamy!
Overall, these liquid lipsticks are good alternatives if you aren’t ready to splurge on more expensive brands. If you find the right colors that work for you, go ‘head and grab em! For $5 a pop, you can’t lose.